Crystal concluding celebration staged [Archives:2004/779/Community]

October 7 2004

Taiz Bureau
The Fourth Cultural and Sports Festival of the national soap, Crystal, was concluded with a celebration at Al-Shuhada Square, Taiz, on Monday, Oct. 4. The celebration, organized by the Office of Sports and Youth in Taiz, and 'Sports for All' Federation and sponsored by the Yemeni Company for Ghee and Soap (YCGS) coincided with the anniversaries of the Yemeni revolutions. It was attended by Mohammed Ahmed al-Ansi, Governorate Assistant Secretary, Hani Abduljabbar Hayel, Deputy Director of the company, Abdullah Saleh al-Amari, Director of Sports and Youth Office, Colonel Abdullah Mure'i, Assistant Commander of Taiz Security for Police Affairs, Dr. Redha al-Kizdaghli, Information and Communication Consultant of Al-Saeed Group, officers and sportsmen and members of the company's staff.
The celebration began with a recitation from the Holy Quraan. Speeches were then delivered by Abdullah al-Amari, and Mohammed al-Ansi, highlighting the significance of supporting youth and boosting their talents in sports and culture. The speeches encouraged Hayel Group to go on sponsoring youth programs in all fields. Hani Abduljabbar said that: “the celebration, organized by YCGS as an annual tradition to celebrate the revolution anniversary, proves our commitments towards the national development. This festival attains significance because it focuses on the most important social group, youth. It also discovers young talents.”
The celebration concluded many sections such as showing the bands and the oberiet, 'This is Yemen', gymnasts, a draw, and winner announcement Prizes worth a hundred, fifty, fourty, thirty, and twenty thousands were distributed. The Marathon racer and the top ranked participants in all activities received cups and the rest will receive theirs on Oct. 11 2004 in a similar joyful events.
In the conclusion of the festival a final match between the teams of al-Qaherah district and al-Mudhafar district took place and was finished with penalty kicks.