In brief [Archives:2005/832/Local News]
– The two-day workshop organized by the ministry of local administration on local authority was concluded last week at the headquarters of Taiz Governorate. Sixty male and female trainees from different administrative units and local authorities participated in the workshop, which aimed to provide participants with information management skills.
– The regional customs bureau for the exchange of information in the Middle East concluded it ninth member countries meeting last Wednesday in Sana'a.
– The Yemeni governorate celebrated the World Health Day on Friday in Sana'a , with resolutions to dedicate more efforts to reducing maternal and infant mortality in Yemen.
– A regional workshop on piracy and ship looting was conducted by the International Marine Organization (IMO) and the General Authority for Marine Affairs on Saturday ninth of this month in Sana'a.
– Technical Administration of the Yemeni Airlines eved a distinctive success, the first of its kind, in the field of maintaining planes of long flights depending on self-efforts and Yemeni cadres.
– Sana'a is to host functions of the first educational week of the member countries at the Arab Education Office for the Gulf countries from April 30 to May4. The event, which would coincide with the 15th anniversary of the Yemeni Reunification, will include discussions on future visions for enhancing the educational system in Yemen.