Ramadan Recipes : #1 [Archives:1999/51/Last Page]
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 table spoons onion, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
1 cup chick-peas boiled
1 kilo spinach
1 cup lemon (juice)
1 teaspoon slat
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
1. Cut the spinach into small pieces
2. Put the spinach in some boiling water after ten minutes or until we find the spinach is ready we take it from the water.
3. We put the onions and the crushed garlic in a pan and we add to them the oil and put them on heat. After a few minutes we add the cooked chick-peas to them.
4. We leave them on a low heat and stir them from time and time
5. Then add the spinach to the onions and then add to them the spices and the salt.
6. After ten minutes we add to them the lemon juice, and leave them on heat for more five minute.
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon quick acting dry yeast.
3/4 cup butter
1/4 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup warm milk
1 large egg.
1. Mix the flour and the salt together, and then add to them the butter. Mix them together in a large bowl.
2. Add to them the sugar and yeast, and then add to them the warm milk.
3. Add the eggs in and then mix them together until the dough is easy to handle.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest 5 to 15 minutes. Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and turn greased side up. Cover and let rest in warm place about 15 minutes or until they have risen to double their original height.
5. Punch down dough. Flatten with hands or rolling pin into circles on lightly greased surface. Cut a piece from the middle of each to make it like a ring and then put each one in a hot boiling oil until it has a golden color. Take them out of the oil and sprinkle on them some granulated sugar or cover them with some chocolate frosting or Vanilla Glaze.