Society News [Archives:2005/835/Local News]
– Sisters Arab Forum has organized a seminar on the ten years following the Beijing Conference on Women, focusing on the Yemeni experience. The seminar was conducted yesterday at Sana'a International Hotel.
– A training course for teachers on Illiteracy Eradication and Adult Learning was concluded last Wednesday in Hajjah. The course was financed by Care Organization and aimed at acquainting participants with the necessary skills for eradicating illiteracy and activating the role of women.
– The Child Rights Society (CRS) organized an award ceremony on April 16 in Aden in which over 152 orphans from different schools across the governorate were awarded on the occasion of the World Orphan Day.
– The Yemeni Women's Union in Taiz concluded on April 13 the special symposium on ways of cooperating with women to overcome living difficulties and other barriers that hinder their development.
– The Bahraini “Women First Conference” awarded on April 17 the monument of political participation to Mrs. Ramzia al-Eriani Chief of the Yemeni Women's Union in recognition of her effective participation in functions of the conference.
– The government and non-governmental organizations reviewed in Sana'a on April 16 the national strategy for media and population awareness on health and population.
– A meeting on a project to support girls' primary education was held in Sana'a om April 17. The event, which was organized by Ad-dali Center in cooperation with Sabafon Mobile Company, aimed at raising public awareness and helping girls get access to education.
– The Taiz Chamber of Commerce and Industry organized a training course on the commercial transactions from April 19-22 with the participation of 60 trainees from different trade institutions.