Taiz carpentry store burns [Archives:2004/712/Local News]

February 16 2004

A carpentry store in Taiz was turned into ruins by fire last Tuesday.
According to the carpentry owner Al-Baadani, the fire may have resulted from an electricity short circuit, and spread quickly to smolder all the mostly wooden contents of the carpentry.
“Even the steel-made carpentry machines were tremendously damaged, and we could not control the fire until four hours after it started.” he said.
Smoke could be seen in the neighborhood a day after the event, signaling the massiveness of the fire that charred the place.
The inappropriate handling of electricity wires, and the poor maintenance of such networks usually results in short-circuit, which most of the time do not cause fire, but in some cases do.