26_September [Archives:2007/1054/Press Review]
Thursday, May 24
– In response to president's call, parties resume dialogue this week
– Ministry of Transportation studies the feasibility of building a sea bridge between Yemen and Bahrain
– Authorities open new Amran Cement Factory at a cost of $150 million
– Ministry of Endowment and Guidance prepares for the first national conference on religious guidance
– Palestinian and Lebanese envoys praise Saleh's efforts to contain Al-Bared camp crisis
– New mechanism to monitor imported and domestically produced drugs
The army organ reported that the Higher Drug Authority has prepared a new and modern work mechanism to control and inspect the imported and inland produced drugs at the custom tariff outlets and in local drug markets. The newspaper quoted a HDA source as saying the new mechanism will be presented to the higher health authorities for approval before applying it in real-life situation.
The source clarified that the new mechanism stipulates work to be in conformity with the modern international standards and specifications in the fields of monitoring imported and domestically produced medicine. The mechanism aims to prevent entry of any expired and harmful drugs to the Yemeni territory.