26_September [Archives:2007/1076/Press Review]
Thursday, August 9
– Hamas Leader briefs Yemen's president on Palestinian situations
– Yemen's former prime minister laid to rest in large funeral procession
– Prime Minister calls on companies to compete for 11 oil blocks
– 4 terrorists involved in Marb's bombing killed
– President praises late Prime Minister's achievements
– President Saleh: I will no longer tolerate any harms to National Unity
Yemeni Army's organ reported in its lead story that President Ali Abdullah Saleh said on Wednesday while inaugurating the new building of the Central Security and the fifth stage of security deployment plan, he will no longer tolerate any practices damaging the National Unity, vowing not to announce more amnesties. “We will not announce new amnesties and all Yemenis must be defiant to every hatred voice and bad smell,” the newspaper quoted Saleh as saying. He highlighted that “the unity is a redline which cannot be trespassed”, warning of the illegal exploitation of people's needs and situations to harm the unity. “There are faults no body deny them, but they could be cured according to laws and the constitution”.
He confirmed that the security institutions would get all his concern and support for enhancing their role in serving people across the country. He added that the armed and security forces are the mother of parties and the security guard of the revolution and unity, expressing his admiration of the great capabilities of security apparatuses and their success to crack down on terror and criminal acts. Saleh announced that the country would support the forthcoming plan of the interior ministry for establishing more military buildings and police stations, urging the government to provide necessary support to the ministry.