26_September [Archives:2007/1088/Press Review]
Thursday, September 20
– Nation marks First Anniversary of September 20 democratic elections, platform applied in real-life situation
– Authorities release 67 people of those detained over Sa'ada events
– Supreme Security Committee discuss procedures of regulating arms bearing
– President Saleh to give national address on Tuesday evening
– Yemen to participate in United Nations' meetings on Monday
– Yemen-Saudi Coordination Council to discuss 14 agreements and programs in Jeddah
– Cabinet refers land grabbers to Prosecution
The cabinet gave orders on Tuesday to refer people who are responsible for plundering state and people lands to Prosecution to take legal punitive actions against them, the weekly reported. It added that the decision came after listening to a report presented by head of the committee in Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, to tackle issues of lands in governorates.
The cabinet gave directions for handover of all lands to beneficiaries who could not get their granted lands in the previous period because of domination of influential people over these lands. It asked the General Authority of Lands, Survey and Urban Planning to prepare a plan to tackle issues of the agricultural lands which have been granted to the agricultural societies and people to be approved by the cabinet soon.