26_September [Archives:2007/1098/Press Review]
Thursday, October 25
– Presidential system in the suggested constitutional amendments is the most suitable for Yemen, says analytical study
– Military retirees: We have perceived President's credibility and determination to solve our issues
– World Bank approves extra grants for Yemen's development
– German tourist visits Marib once again ten years after he was kidnapped
– Saudi king affirms his government's support for Yemeni unity
Custodian of the Two Holy Shrines King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz met Wednesday Yemeni Foreign minister Dr Abu Bakr al Kirbi, who relayed to his majesty a message from his brother Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh on bilateral ties and the ways to promote them in various areas, as well as the common Arab issues in Palestine and other Islamic countries and Peace Conference, the weekly reported. It added that the Yemeni official discussed with king Abdullah mutual cooperation between Yemen and friendly Gulf states.
During the meeting king Abdullah confirmed his support for Yemen's unity, stability and safety, saying that what concerns the Kingdom does also concern Yemen. He also expressed the key issue of holding Yemeni-Saudi coordination council's meetings in the Hegira Calendar month of Dhu-al-Qi'da.
In another article, the newspaper reported that His Highness Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Foreign Minister stressed the necessity of developing relations between the United Arab Emirates and Yemen bilaterally as well as Yemen and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), plus the importance of holding regular meetings between Yemeni and Emirate officials in order to achieve the common interest of their people and promote the bilateral relations between the two Arab states.
This came during his reception by Foreign Minister, Dr. Abu Bakr Al-Qerbi who is currently visiting the UAE. His Highness Sheikh Al Nahyan laid more emphasis on the developments in Yemen and the efforts expended to combat terrorism in the nation.