26_September [Archives:2007/1102/Press Review]
Thursday, November 8
– Yemeni-Saudi Coordination Council to approve 15 agreements on coming Tuesday
– Former Prime Minister Bajammal chairs cycle of dialogues with political parties
– Government to give retirees second phase's pay increases with November salaries
– Government to present its financial statement to Parliament Next Week
– Saleh chairs up meetings of team concerned with following up his platform
President Ali Abdullah Saleh headed on Wednesday a meeting of the government team concerned with following up his electoral platform over setting up housing units and distribution of agricultural lands for youths of limited incomes, the weekly reported. The meeting focused on the executive measures taken to carry out these topics such as looking for funds to impalement these projects, in addition to technical aspects and benefiting from similar experiences in this regard.
The meeting approved implementation of 18,000 housing units for youths of limited incomes for three yeas at a total cost of YR 75 billion. The first phase of the project would be started in this year by YR 25 billion in Aden, Hodeidah, Lahj, Hadramout, Taiz, Abyan and Al-Dale' governorates. The meeting approved allocation of YR 5 billion from funds of insurances in two ministries of defense and interior.
A committee was formed to conduct studies for the locations that would be good for setting up these units and carry out agricultural projects, as well as naming beneficiaries. President Saleh affirmed the importance of pacing process of carrying out these projects. He asked the government to encourage private sector to set up such projects and offer all facilities to investors in this area.