Al-Sahwa [Archives:2003/638/Press Review]
29 May 2003
– Pardon decision a positive support for the JMP
– Islah interested in halting punishments against unity partners
– Sheikh al-Ahmar denies his reservation against pardon decree
– YSP leaders abroad hold consultations regarding the return
– Demonstrations demand the president to bear responsibility for the Yemenis detained in Germany and Egypt.
Columnist Zaid al-Shami writes in his article that the new parliament members have taken their constitutional oath which summarizes the duty of the MP and draws up the road of his job. We place hope with the parliamentarians that the spirit of responsibility would be present with all of them and they would change the former vision of constituencies and regions so that they would not be dealt with according to their partisan allegiance. Comprehensive development has to be a joint aim and so doing justice to all citizens concerning their rights. Application of atmospheres of forgiveness to all segments and individuals of the people is the guarantee of social peace sought after by all.
Today we are looking forward to benefiting from the political and social activity that took place during the election process and that the authority and opposition develop their performance in a manner serving all members of the people. We want all to feel that we are all the sons o this homeland and that no one would fight the other on his job or study just because he adopts an idea opposite to that adopted by the other. Social peace leading to stability and security and development would not be achieved unless all feel they have equal citizenship.