Al-Sahwa [Archives:2003/640/Press Review]
5 June 2003
– Bajamal demands for protection to the majority, mitigate religious dose
– Al-Ahmar receives a letter from Saudi chairman of Shoura council, Yadoumi meets British ambassador
– Back from the Emirates, al-Biedh denies moving out of Oman
– In the light of Riyadh blasts, Washington requests officially from Yemen to open a branch for the FBI
– In revenge wedding, 3 dead, 9 injured
– After shelling with machineguns, disputes between air defense and Ajlan sons settled
– Students Union denounces terrorization of students, demands for civilian guard.
Columnist Zaid al-Shami says in his article by the end of parliamentary elections the Yemeni people are waiting there would be a racing in working for and sincerity in serving the citizen and solving his multi-dimensional problems. It is expected from the leaders and politicians t steer the ruder of the country towards building ,mending fences an restoring confidence between all in addition to enhancing democratic practices and opening gates of dialogue and closing all files of conflict. These are hopes all aspire for but it seems they are still far from being attained. Dominance of self-esteem and non-recognition of others would make us live in a whirlwind and endless tempests. Nowadays we began to hear of punitive measures, private and public, among which closing secondary schools, removing and transferring employees in arbitrary way as well as confiscating others pieces of land and instigating tribal problems and vengeance. We are in need of a courageous decision to stop these consequences and the authority has to admit the presence of opposition and its right to practice political action and the opposition has t be dealing with reality and conduct an assessment for its performance to reconsider plans and programs of coordination among themselves.