Al-Sahwa [Archives:2005/833/Press Review]
7 Apr. 2005
– In a dangerous precedence and without any legal excuse, security elements in the capital break though Islah students sector headquarters
– Houthi followers would surrender themselves
– Oil trade union: Wages strategy does not meet ambitions
– In protest to imposing new taxes, Hudeidah fishermen stage comprehensive strike
-Prosecution decides to summon bodyguard of Qadhi al-Hardi in the case of attack on lawyers and journalists
– Physicians demand freedom of media from official monopoly and improvement of living condition of those working in health sector
Columnist Zaid al-Shami says the media reported the call by the General People's Congress for dialogue and it is a call worth of interest because it comes under difficult internal circumstances and effective external challenges and pressures. It comes at a time when the internal congestions are pushing the situations to more tensioning. Overlooking the bad conditions does not abolish problems but lead them to aggravation and explosion.
Despite the fear displayed by some political forces about the avail of dialogue by dependence on past experiments, the dialogue remains the safest path for going out of the impasses and calamities.
It is good that the GPC realizes the importance of opening channels of dialogue. Admitting the existence of thorny issues is a correct step for stopping the mistakes and voiding disasters.
The citizen and the effective political forces feel the grave injustice practiced by the ruling party and its unilateral possession of power, wealth and officialdom. The financial and administrative corruption has affected an imbalance in the public and private life and has even become the talk of the authority and the opposition. This is an essential issue that should be dialogued to be cured and putting solutions for it. There are violations of the constitution and the law and this should be tackled and prevented. At all events, the dialogue, transparency and development of trust remain the necessary tools for administrating the difference.