Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Al-Sahwa [Archives:2008/1126/Press Review]

archive
February 4 2008

Thursday, January 31
Top Stories

– Yemeni regime unable to address demands of the time, says JMP spokesman at NDI's political systems symposium

– Sheikh Sa'atar offers one million reward for information on a corruption-free government agency

– Former JMP spokesman: Islah Party adores late Sheikh Al-Ahmar thanks to the man's notable national efforts

– Bassurra warns against politicizing security issues, demands that youth's problems be addressed

– Hadramout University staff and Soccotra medical workers begin comprehensive strike

– Qatar resumes mediation efforts to end Sa'ada fighting

Field leader of rebels in the Yemeni northern governorate of Sa'ada Abdul-Malik Al-Houthi revealed to al-Arabia.net that the Qatari government will resume its mediation efforts to end the ongoing war between the government forces and his followers, the weekly paper reported in a front page article. It added that an official delegation and another one from the Sa'ada rebels will leave Sana'a Wednesday to Qatar, according to Al-Houthi. Both sides will hold negotiations there with the aim of containing the escalating crisis.

According to Al-Sahwa, the resumption of mediation efforts coincided with ongoing clashes between the two sides. Al-Houthi said that the government fired 20 rockets against his loyalists on Tuesday, and in the meantime, expressing his hopes that both sides can reach a compromise or an effective agreement in the Gulf state.

The weekly continued that security and military troops increased their checkpoints on the roads on Monday and Tuesday, notably on the roads and mountains between Majaz and Sehar districts in order to prevent any supplies and reinforcements from reaching Houthis. This came after some security checkpoints failed to discover the road through which three Houthis' cars, loaded with huge quantities of weapons and ammunition, moved from Dhehian to Haidan, according to reports released by security monitoring centers. These reports revealed that three cars moved to the areas of military and security operations in the governorate.
——
[archive-e:1126-v:15-y:2008-d:2008-02-04-p:press]

Created with Raphaël 2.1.2