Al-Tajammu [Archives:2004/753/Press Review]
5 July 2004
– Hauthy accepts to surrender himself to the president and refuses Ali Muhsin
– Sana'a demanded of serious reforms in curricula and mosques
– Arrangements for the return of Al-Biedh and Al Attas
– Because of a piece of land, sabotage and plunder in Shahil Hajah, arrest of more than 60 persons
– Unemployment in Yemen, the worst in the Arab world
Columnist Faisal Al-Safwani says in an article that some diplomats working in the Arab countries have caught the infection of corruption and that is why it is said that the American president has taken a decision of excluding American diplomats who have previously worked in Arab countries from being appointed to Iraq. Moreover, there are many branches of international organizations working in the region, on which hopes were pinned for fighting corruption, proved to cause disappointment for us because of being infected with corruption. This could be seen about many international organizations working in Yemen.