Al-Wahda [Archives:2005/821/Press Review]
23 Feb. 2005
– German Chancellor visits Yemen beginning of this month
– Political and economic sources: Continuation of reforms and fighting corruption, alternatives to dependence on oil
– Planning ministry deputy: The World Bank showed readiness to support reforms in Yemen
– Radical changes in the ministry of finance soon
– Yemeni-Eritrean company for commercial fishing
Columnist Abdullah Abdulillah writes an article on the al-Hariri assassination incident saying Lebanon the Arab country reminds us with democracy, culture and freedom of media and publication and political parties. The country reminds us with the Palestinian resistance, the refugees and the steadfastness of the south.
The late Lebanese former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri is an exceptional personality in the Arab world. He has loved his country before his possession of property and prestige and invested all for reconstruction of the country. Martyr Rafik al-Hariri was devoting himself to all the Lebanese and the tent that restore to Lebanon its national unity since the Taif agreement in 1989.
The crime of his assassination came to open wounds and dossiers and a future no one can predict to where it may lead Lebanon, and the sort of plans for Syria and Iran.