Al-Wahda [Archives:2007/1050/Press Review]
Wednesday, May 9
– Political dialogue between parties reaches impasse
– Consumer Protection Society blames tradesmen for raising prices, government for indifference
– Industry and Trade Minister: We won't be lenient toward those who play with prices
– Civil Service Ministry to distribute job cards to government employees this week
– European support for Yemen to increase during the coming four years
– Traffic accidents kill and injure more than 87 thousand people
– Qatari Emir arrives in Sana'a on Wednesday
An official source in the Foreign Ministry confirmed that the Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Than is due to arrive in Sana'a on Wednesday, along with a high-ranking delegation in an official visit to Yemen, the comprehensive political weekly reported on its front page. During his visit to Yemen, the Qatari leader is due to conduct discussions with Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh. The source indicated that the discussions are due to concentrate on the bilateral ties between the two brotherly countries and people.
The weekly added that both leaders will discuss the means of developing the bilateral relations in various areas. It quoted the official source as saying that the discussions between Saleh and Al Than will cover several Arab, regional and international issues, as well as the latest developments in the region, mainly the political situations in Palestine, Iraq and Somalia. In addition, the discussion is due to include the Arab Peace Initiative.