The Election Program for the Candidate of the Coordination Council of the Opposition Parties for the Election of the President
What follows is the election program of the nominee of the parties in the Higher Coordination of the Opposition, Mr. Ali Saleh ÔUbad (Muqbil), which is considered a big achievement realized by the opposition parties to be able to come up with one candidate and one campaign platform, the points of which represented a distinctive transition in the future outlook for political action in our country.
Now, we are all together able to decide the orientation which we wish for our cherished nation to take, and when we go to the polling boxes to cast our votes in the first direct presidential elections, in fact, we will be the first generation in the modern history of Yemen, for whom the conditions have been set for enjoying this right which is guaranteed by the Constitution. The enjoyment of this right entails the responsibility of choice. Being as the parties that make up the Higher Coordination Council for the Opposition honored me when they selected me as their nominee for the presidential elections, I have agreed to perform the task, in terms that coincide with my confidence in the aspirations of the people, and my faith in the inevitability of change, and my firm belief that improvement at the top is the realistic entry point for the reinforcement of the strength of our society, the rejuvenation of its bonds, and its ability to overcome the sorrows, destruction and crisis that many long years of oppression, violence and deprivation have left behind. The call to duty is an overwhelming call, which I cannot ignore, which compels me to become worthy of the trust and sincere as I present to you the with my election program, in the hope that it will win your trust, and will respond to your aspirations and cravings, which I share with you that our country becomes a free country for a great and capable people.
In the position, as President of the Republic, being the Head of State, and the restorer of the peopleÕs will, I am not allowed to act without taking counsel, nor to decide without being able to explain, nor to decisively rule without having done all that is necessary to reach an accord. I hereby undertake that I will abide to the letter of the Constitution and the laws, to respect the responsibilities of the constitutional institutions and to act in keeping with the peopleÕs desires, when making all the decisions, to do all that is possible to ensure that what ever improvisation I make shall be commensurate with the public interest, and to set an example by my conduct and deeds rising to the level of the office which I shall occupy, in the event that I am elected, God willing, in addition to, first of all, embodying the fundamentals of modern management, placing my confidence in only those who are worthy of the responsibility they shall bear and who has fulfilled the highest standards of competence and integrity.
I strongly believe that change that is needed is not just confined to people, it also extends to the existing climates and conditions that are reflective of widespread corruption, influence peddling, violation of rights, the implanting of illegitimate benefits, general insecurity, and the increase of violence. In addition to the implementation of the Law, I am confident that changing these conditions and climates require that dialogue and tolerance be upgraded along with the prevalence of national interest, becoming above having to resort to selfish double-dealing and narrow interests, and reverting to the use of violence and moral and financial compulsion to impose on us ideas and viewpoints (that are different form what we stand for). This is because dialogue between the different parties in the political and civil system relies only on the respect for pluralism, and can only become applicable in a wide expanse of freedom, and cannot attain its ends without having implanted in the conscience of the parties involved the concept of shared affiliation to the country, which alone can guarantee that our political system can apply the exchange of innovative ideas and programs no matter how many they are or how much they conflicted with, or conformed to each other.
I hereby undertake to defend the Republic of Yemen and the unity and safety of its territories, considering this to be the ultimate choice of the people that is irreversible, and to face up to all that threatens its unified status and its national sovereignty. I shall work towards correcting all those improper policies and practices which hurt the national unity of the people and to provide all the right conditions that reinforce the pillars on which Yemeni nationhood rests upon and to reinforce the bonds between the Yemeni people as well.
The Political Regime and the Building of Modern Democratic State
Undoubtedly, the absence of a modern state institution is the major constraint that stands in the way of the progress and renaissance of the Yemeni society and keeps it keeps it confined to backwardness and poverty and confronted with violence and instability. Our country can never be regarded as secure and prosperous country, with its place in the modern world, unless we have accomplished the building of a modern civilized state based on justice, liberty and respect for human rights and equality of all citizens. To achieve this goal, and in the event that I am elected to the office of the Presidency of the Republic I shall work diligently through the constitutional institutions of the government and its different authorities, and with direct public support to do the following:
1. Provision of all the conditions necessary to complete the transformation to a democracy and to proceed with the transformation until all the desired goals have been achieved accordingly. This i9ncludes removing all the obstacles and measures that lead to the weakening of democracy and its retraction; to provide all the appropriate conditions to carry on with the democratic process and to ensure the integrity and equity among all the different the political parties and organizations and to guarantee all public rights and freedoms.
If elected to the office of the Presidency of the Republic and my leadership of the state, I shall focus all my efforts towards the movement of the political life in Yemen from its present superficial form and to confirm the theoretical contention that Òthe people are the owners of authority and the source of its beingÓ to true implementation practical application thereof, as well as to create the appropriate political and social conditions that will rejuvenate the missing vitality to the political and partisan arena, and the provision of all the legal conditions necessary for the achievement of this goal. The major task that we will be confronted with having to achieve, to enable us to qualify for entry to the Third Millenium, which is just a few months away is the achievement of broad national reconciliation, which will enable our people to overcome the lingering effects of the past and the remnants of the political and social wars and conflicts, especially the tragic Summer War of 1994, in keeping with the spirit of the times. To achieve a real reconciliation in its serious implications, this implies the reconciliation of the government with the overwhelming majority of the members of the society, so that it becomes a government that is a true reflection of its values and a real advocate of its interests. This entails the restoration of the honor of the victims of the political and social conflicts over the past recent years and to cancel all the exceptional measures taken against them, and to facilitate the return of all the Yemeni exiles overseas, as well as expunging all the political rulings issued by the courts since the war until now, in addition to the restoration of those who were removed from their offices, whether military or civilian accordingly, to their positions and to compensate them for the financial losses and moral damages that were inflicted on the orand individuals arising from the cycles of political violence and conflicts of the past.
2. I hereby undertake that I will call all the political forces and social movements to declare that they are committed to the preponderance of the constitution and the Law and the application of a peaceful transfer of authority, in a realistic manner and to stand up to the culture of violence, and to ban the use of force, or the threat thereof, for the achievement of political and social ends, or in order to rise to power or the maintenance thereof, as well as to stand up to the exploitation of the religious, national and Yemeni rites, traditions and customs that are adhered to by the majority of Yemenis in the political and partisan conflicts and intrigues.
3. To call on all the political parties and forces to hold a general national conference to achieve the desired national reconciliation, and to declare the commitment to realize, defend and practically apply all these concepts, and to place the mechanisms appropriate for the development of the political system in the country in a entrenched manner that will lead to the restoration of confidence and the resumption of the relationship between the people and the government based on a social contract and equal citizenship, as well as the establishment of a constituent consultative council that will arise out of the national conference which will be responsible for the achievement of comprehensive political reforms.
4. To work towards the constitutional and political refo9rms that will fulfill the requirements for the building of a new state and political development in the country and which will achieve a representative and equitable regime, which will express the true weights of all the different political and social forces in the country, plus the revision of the election system from the individual nomination system to the candidates list and proportional representation, which enable the voter to vote for the political platform that he favors accordingly. In this way the political party, coalition or list of candidates that wins the majority of the seats in the Parliament will be able to form the government and to implement the political platform it called for in the elections, by which it was elected accordingly.
5. To delegate all the executive powers to the government, whereby the President shall be responsible for guaranteeing that the relevant government institutions are carrying out their constitutional responsibilities and are enjoying all the legislative, executive and judicial powers without any interference whatsoever.
6. To achieve the full separation of powers between the general functions of the state and that of any political party that becomes the ruling party through elections and to confine the transformation of power to the leading political positions, as well as the provision of the political and legal guarantees for free and honest elections, making sure to avoid all the violations and distortions that accompanied the elections of 1997.
7. The establishment of local democratic rule with extensive authorities through the establishment of local councils with their own autonomous legal status which are directly and freely elected with equitable terms, including the positions of the Governor and the District Managers. Such local councils will be considered the pillar on which the modern Yemeni state will be built upon, and will also be the instrument by which the performance of the political and institutional approach that will reinforce YemenÕs national unification, implant social integration, speed up development and will secure the rights of the Yemeni citizens to political participation and the voluntary selection of those who manage their day to day affairs.
8. To comply with the provisions of the Constitution and the laws of the Republic of Yemen and to work towards their implementation, as well as to take all the necessary legal measures against anyone who is in violation thereof, notwithstanding his official or partisan position and their social status; to also set up an appropriate mechanism for monitoring the compliance of the government officials in the various organs with the stipulations of the Constitution and the laws and for determining the extent of the violations by such officials.
9. To adhere to the Constitutional provisions regarding the separation of powers between the tree branches of the Government, and to decisively reduce the predominance of the executive organ over the judicial and legislative branches, as well as to prevent all forms of intervention in the affairs of the judicial authority; to cancel the position of the President of the Republic as the Chairman of the Supreme Judicial Council.
10. To work towards the activation of the Constitutional Department in the Supreme Court and the Judicial Inspection Authority, as well as the General and Administrative Prosecution with a view towards reforming all the organs concerned with judicial matters so that it becomes a mechanism that indeed works in accordance with the Constitution and the Law and which mo9nitros the implementation thereof as well as disseminating justice among people and protecting and respecting their general human rights and liberties.
We can summarize our policy towards the Judiciary as follows:
1) Autonomy and respect for the Judiciary and the prevention of the domination of the Executive Branch over it or the latterÕs intervention in its affairs, in addition to the provision of the appropriate conditions that insure its autonomy and integrity.
2) Removal of the Judicial Administrative authority, represented by the Ministry of Justice from the functioning of the Courts and the Judges, and Judicial Councils, whereby the desired autonomy of the Judicial Authority intended by the Constitution is attained, and to attach the Administrative Authority in the Courts to the Supreme Judicial Council.
3) Provision of full protection for the Judges, the improvement of their living standards, by the provision of the adequate financial (compensatory) needs, in order to ensure their ability to fully carry out their duties accordingly.
4) To set and rehabilitate the Judicial Police and to attach them to the Judiciary, so that they are to carry out the Court rulings and decisions.
5) Organization of the General Prosecution and to give due care to its members, in terms of rights, training education and the implementation of the appropriate authorities meted out to it to enable it to defend the rights of the society without violating the rights of the Courts and the interference in their authorities.
6) To reorganize the Higher Judicial Institute, in a manner that ensures its ability to supply the Judicial Authority with the competent personnel it needs and to provide for all its needs accordingly.
7) To work towards the purification of the Judiciary from corruption and to ensure the JudiciaryÕs full compliance with the highest standards of competence and integrity, when appointing personnel to judicial positions; to work towards facilitating the measures to speed up Court cases, with a view towards the implementation of justice and the protection of the rights of the citizens, to prevent them from having to resort violence and force to solve their cases, outside the government and to have the Judiciary directly supervise the implementation of the judicial rulings.
8) To work towards taking all the necessary measures to separate the official administrative functions and the ruling party. Also, to take all the necessary legal measures against anyone who violates the law, in terms of the neutrality of the central government organs in the competition between the political parties.
9) I hereby undertake to withdraw from my partisan affiliation, in form and in deed, during my term as President of the Republic, which will ensure the return of equilibrium to the political life in the country and to open the scope for the development of the political party system as well as the achievement of political development in the course of reaching a fully matured democratic regime accordingly.
10) To keep the people informed of all the faand information regarding those who occupy public service positions, including the President of the Republic and to speed up the issuance of the Financial Conscience Law.
11) I will work towards the prevention of the combination of the public service and the financial and business affairs of the senior public officials in the government.
12) The cancellation of the measures and the constraints that violate general rights and liberties and ensure the implementation of YemenÕs commitments in the international conventions and standards, which ar3e duly signed and recognized, in this respect; the cancellation of the covert security organs that are directed against citizens and that prevent them from exercising their political rights, wh3erever they exist; to issue the law that will regulate and reduce the authorities of the Central Political Security Organization, which will be considered as an organ under the Ministry of Interior, that will be responsible for monitoring external intelligence activities and the protection of national sovereignty, and to prohibit from interfering in the affairs of the political parties and the surveillance of the postal and telephone lines and houses of the citizens and its interference in public service.
13) To guarantee the rights of civil society organizations to operate freely and independently, without any interference or domination from the Government organs and others.
14) The cancellation of the Ministry of Information and setting up an independent national authority to replace it, with the aim of immediately putting an end to the monopoly of the official media channels by the ruling authority or party and to prevent the deprivation of political parties and forces from access to public media, as well as the provision of the legal and administrative conditions that guarantee the rights of the various political parties and forces from expressing their views and their program alternatives to the society, in addition to the prevention of the exploitation of any single political party or partisan entity to formulate public opinion to its own whims; providing the people with information and facts on the general public affairs of the country, and the prevention of the use of such important organs to mislead public opinion and to distort its awareness on the actual events occurring in their lives. This is in view of the fact that the official media is publicly owned, which is financed by the people (taxpayers). To work towards enabling the visual and audio press organs to carry out their mission in the dissemination of information and the enlightenment of people. This can only occur through making it pluralistic and independent from any authority.
Guarantee the Attainment of Security and Stability
In view of the deterioration of the security conditions in the country over the last few years, which has lead to severe damage to the national interests of the country and that of the people, and has seriously hurt the image of the country overseas, I hereby undertake to work towards spreading a secure civil life, to uphold the word of law, to return the smiles to the faces, to implant tranquility in the heart of people, to protect life, to protect property, to create the suitable climate for the attraction of foreign investments and return tourism, as well as setting up the right conditions for development and stability in general, which will be through:
A. The firm application of the Constitution and the Law; to take a number of measures that will eliminate poor security conditions and the spread of murders, kidnapping and the daily warfare that is taking place in the different governorates of the Republic, including the Capital Secretariat.
B. The ban on carrying firearms in the cities, and the public markets as a first step; to prevent the trade in armaments through the issuance of laws that regulate this.
C. To spread justice among the people by quickly proceeding with the cases that were referred to the General Prosecution and to immediately carry out the judicial rulings accordingly.
D. To prevent the detention, arrest or the withholding of the freedom of any citizen that is in violation of the Law.
E. To take all the firm legal measures against anyone who engages in kidnapping, and to avoid any appeasement, bargaining or granting them any rewards.
F. The improvement of the standard of living of the police and the general security personnel, as well as to train them, rehabilitate them and upgrade their legal and cultural awareness on the nature of their jobs: ÒThe Police are a service to the peopleÓ, and on crime prevention.
G. The removal of all military checkpoints inside and outside the cities, that are not justified, as well as the cancellation of the orders to apprehend by the military, the hand and leg chains, special jails/prisons, in addition to the ban on the accommodation of criminals, who are murderers, through the issuance of a special law for this.
H. To work towards seeking to improve the conditions of the existing official prisons, and to work towards separating the prisons of women and minors from those of men; to ensure that satisfactory living conditions for those who have been sentenced to stay in them, and to work towards converting these official prisons from penal organs to educational and rehabilitation institutions that train and readapt their residents during the implementation of their sentences, so that they can return to their families and to society after having made use of the anti-illiteracy for adult education and they have learned some skill or vocational trade that will enable them to start a new life.
To pay attention to the correctional facilities for minors and to intensify the awareness programs among them that will avert them from bad conduct.
I. Ending of the revenge feuds, which will be through calling for a general reconciliation between the tribes, with a view towards ceasing the bloodshed of the people, and subsequently to regard anyone who still engages in blood revenge as outlaws, which shall be penalized in accordance with the law. This call shall be made through the convening national general conference which will be participated in by all the social and political forces, religious scholars, where the national reconciliation shall be signed and all will declare to abide by it accordingly.
J. To combat the cultural and social values and customs that glorify war and violence and all forms of terrorism and extremism, as well as to resist any discrimination within the society based on color, vocation, religious sectarian affiliation, social affiliation, political and partisan affiliation, and to punish anyone who 3engages in physical and psychological torture.
The Armed Forces
In this area, I hereby undertake to work towards:
Transferring the armed forces to a highly skilled defense force, and to separate between the civil and military authorities: to rehabilitate the armed forces, rebuild their military conceptualization, in a manner that will enable them carry out their defensive duties for the protection of the countryÕs sovereignty and to ensure the borders of the country, in addition to having them become fully subjected to the civil management, guaranteeing their neutrality in the political and partisan conflicts, the prevention of the use of any of its material and moral means in support of any political side, no matter which party it belonged to; to apply the law of the political parties and organization, with respect to preventing the armed and security forces from any partisan activities within the armed forces and the control of the budget of the Ministry of Defense. In this respect the following pollicies will be pursued:
1. Building a strong national skilled army, on sound scientific and national basis, whereby the combat beliefs shall emanate from his faith in the maintenance of the national sovereignty, protection of the people and the defense of the defense of the Arab and Islamic causes, but far from any interference in the political life, and to prevent getting them involved in the political conflicts, notwithstanding any of the sides involved.
2. To pay attentioto the cultural enhancement of the Armed Forces and security personnel, to upgrade their educational level and to implant the education of Islamic, nationalistic and patriotic spiritual attachment, which is far from any form of extremism.
3. Improvement of the living standards of the Armed Forces and Security Personnel and to provide the adequate remuneration for them, as well as to ensure that such entitlements are timely given, along with their systematic periodic vacation leaves; to grant them the increments, promotions, financial and moral bonuses that are legally due to them and to guarantee medical services for them and their families.
4. To review the martyrs and veterans benefits due to the personnel of the military and security forces, as well as the entitlements of the handicapped, and to ensure that the martyrsÕ families are getting their monthly dues on time; to give priority to their children for enrollment in the military and civilian colleges in accordance with the appropriate scientific and nationalistic criteria accordingly.
5. To work towards returning those who were adversely affected by the war to their units and bases, and to abide by the adherence to the highest standards of competence and qualifications for occupying any of the different positions in the a4rmed and security forces.
6. To provide equal opportunities for the Yemeni nationals to join the ranks of the armed and security forces, in accordance with sound scientific standards, and the prohibition of any form of prejudice or discrimination in dealing with the armed and security forces personnel.
Building a Competent and Effective Administration
Without and effective and competent administration, it is impossible to achieve development, or to uphold justice, or to have security prevail. The effective management is the one that is scientifically structured in its organizational framework. The administrative measures and the selection of the staff and the administrators in our country was structured by impulsive decisions, and the administrative measures and methods that were pursued do not fall under the laws and the regulations thereof, but rater are subject to personal assiduity of those who are in positions of influence, and the selection of the employees was based on the presumption that the public employment was a tool for satisfying and making gains rather than a mechanism for achievement, thus friendship superceded experience, and the public service lost its neutrality, and become an instrument in the hands of the ruling pa4rty and the domineering forces, which they use to serve their interests. Therefore, management/administration deteriorated, development failed, security collapsed, justice disappeared, corruption and decay became generic.
For this reason, among our priorities will be to correct the administrative conditions, with a view towards restructuring the government administrative structure on a scientific basis, and the application of the laws and regulations, and the selection of the employees on the basis of competence and, capabilities, experience and honesty, and to achieve the neutrality of public employment, through the placement of the civil service under a national neutral council, besides the reinforcement of the control organs, the establishment of the administrative courts, and to bring those who became wealthy at public expense in illegitimate ways to justice, and not to accept the return of any official to a senior position unless his financial conscience has been found to be cleared.
Justice and equity must be also applied among the government employees in both the militar4y and civilian organs, especially in the area of increments, promotions and retirement, and to insure the sequencing and renewal of the generations, and not to allow any person to remain in the official military or civilian position beyond what is allowed by law.
On the Economic Side
1. To follow a balanced economic policy characterized by transparency, whiny will guarantee the participation of the various production types and forms in the development of the economic resources, and will fulfill the increasing needs of the people of the country, and will guarantee the optimal investment of the national savings and will achieve a suitable standard of living for all the people.
2. Provision of a suitable climate to end the present state of recession and to rejuvenate the national economy and lead to the reformation of the monetary and financial system, taking all the necessary measures to halt the rise in the cost of living for the people, and providing job opportunities to end unemployment, poverty and supplication.
3. To eliminate corruption through the drying up of its springs (elimination of its origins) and to remove its focal points and all its causes; to fight bribery and administrative neglect; to combat smuggling and tax and customs evasion, and to expose smugglers and to bring them into account; to guarantee the rights of the government and the activation of the Central Organization for Auditing and Control, and to refer all the corrupt officials to the Courts in accordance with the applicable laws.
4. To review the restructuring and reclassification of the general state budget on a scientific, practical and modern basis in keeping with the general strategic goals of the comprehensive development plan, and in order to achieve the required balance between the revenues and expenditures, to overcome the budget deficit and to achieve economic growth accordingly.
5. To encourage national private capital to invest and to remove all the constraints that stand in the way of the private sector investment, in addition to the creation of the appropriate political and legal climates that encourage the attraction of the Arab and foreign investments in the country, and to provide the required protection thereof; to prevent the intervention of influential persons in their affairs, such as through the freeze on their deposited or transferred funds, and the prevention of the imposition of gratuities and compulsory partnerships with the investors, in a manner that will remove the fears of the investors in the country and will insure the rise of production and exports.
6. To carry out a comprehensive review of the borrowing policies, as well as those pertaining to assistance and donations and the purposes for which they are allocated; to ensure the optimal use of the loans, grants and assistance provided, and the modernization and improvement of the banking system as well as to ensure the independence of the Central Bank of Yemen.
7. To diversify and improve the methods of agricultural and fisheries production and to insure the proper balance between the environment and the investments, in a way that will lead to achieving food security and to setting up the appropriate and quick scientific and practical remedies for rectifying the water problem, considering that it is one of the most prominent problems of the country, as well as to work towards the formation of a national committee composed of specialized personnel of high competence to put those remedies in place and to have them implemented accordingly by starting immediately with the confrontation of the water problem in both the governorates of SanaÕa and TaÕez, to be followed later by the rest of the governorates.
8. Empowerment of the specialized concerned persons to enable them to make the appropriate optimal economic decisions that will have the highest economic standards and criteria prevailing in the decision making process accordingly.
In the Area of Endowments
1. To revive the mission of the mosques, away from any extremism and diversion and the stimulation of conflict between the religious sects, to ascertain that the mosques are places of learning, worship, security and fraternity.
2. To cancel the Ministry of Endowments, and to carry out a comprehensive review of the Law of Endowments, in order to achieve the regulation of the endowments through the supervision of legal independent religious authority, and to ensure the autonomy of the admin, property and expenditures of the Endowments, and to separate them from the government budgets.
3. Renovation and maintenance of the historic mosques, considering as they are a part of our heritage and Islamic culture in Yemen, and to account for the lands and assets of the Endowments. While protecting them and preventing any trespassers or property thieves, and the illegitimate trade thereof, without any deterrent by conscience or religious persuasion.
4. The StateÕs support of the religious schools (hijjar) and their revival and to carry out the responsibility of providing housing and living for students of these schools, and the acknowledgement of certificates issued thereof in the governmentÕs offices, and finding solutions to the situations of graduates and specify their educational levels.
5. To preserve the libraries of Endowment and cataloguing them to help researchers in their work, and to regain those materials already smuggled.
The Social Field
In this regard, I am pleased to emphasize the social issues that are related to the stability and life of the people and the future of their of children. So as soon as I win the elections, I will work on the following:
1. To realize the concept of free and compulsory education in the basic levels and to organize national campaigns to fight illiteracy and adult education to eradicate alphabetical illiteracy and apply the law of education so as to unify education administratively and curriculum-wise along with correcting shortcoming in these areas. I shall also adhere to an educational policy aiming at modernizing secondary education with special attention given to vocational and technical training, and seek the modernization of university education and higher studies, connecting this policy with the comprehensive development plan, and to prepare a generation that is absorbed in national, democratic and humanistic spirit.
2. To realize justice in distributing educational projects and services allover the Republic, and to expand the school network in all its levels with special attention to rural areas and the maintenance of the existing schools.
3. To provide solutions to the low standards of education and work on upgrade the efficiency of educational administration and to provide assistance to Yemeni teachers and enhance their living conditions.
4. To encourage and support the Yemeni females in getting their rights to education.
5. To apply school tuition fees to the law and seek to reduce them observing the capabilities of limited income people while helping the distinguished poor with scholarships and support.
The Foreign Policy
Our countryÕs foreign policies have to reflect faithfully our internal policies. The foreign policies have to be based on foundations of our national struggle that is committed to the national and Islamic interests. Priorities will be given to:
1. Work on developing and strengthening YemenÕs relations with brothers in the Peninsula and the Gulf, and solve the issues related to Saudi Arabia so as serve the two neighboring brotherly countries, and in a way that endorses trust in the credibility of agreements reached between them in order to strengthen bigger relations that serve the Arabic nation and support its sovereignty, independence and development.
2. To Consolidate relations with neighboring countries to safeguard common interests, and the consolidation of the security of the Red Sea, the Gulf of Aden, the Arab Sea and the Horn of Africa through cooperation with all countries to make it a peaceful demilitarized region.
3. To remove all the misunderstandings in the relations between our country and the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, to enhance the role of the Arab League, and to work on activating the Arab Summit institution and the support of the economic, political, cultural and scientific integration between countries of the Arab nation; to boost Arab popular relations and work on lifting off sanctions from Iraq, Libya and Sudan; to reject the concept of collective siege and punishment, and supporting the liberation of the Arab occupied territories and the Arab Palestinian people in their struggle for regaining all the territories and shrines and the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.
4. Consolidating the brotherly relations with the Islamic countries and nations through the Islamic Conference Organization as a combining frame for all Islamic countries.
5. Consolidating relations and ties with African nations and the third world countries, and the development and renewal of the Non-Aligned Movement in the light of the global changes.
6. To call on a cooperation initiative to be carries out among countries of the South, and to work toward a new global regime that realizes cooperation between nations based on the values of righteousness, justice and peace for all humanity; the adherence to a policy that guarantees interest and benefits between our country and countries of the world, and respecting sovereignty, independence and the principles of international law and the establishment of peace, justice and equity throughout the world.
7. To activate the role and profession of diplomatic representation and reducing its size and costs so as endorse our relations with countries of the world, and to observe the interests of the country, the expatriates and the students outside Yemen.